Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Long Live Democracy!!

I always fight with my friends who curse India and support China or any other country. One of my friends always tells me about China's progress and how it achieved all this with its government system. I always contradict pointing out China's Human rights condition. I always say, though China has growth, people are suffering. He talks about how India is “bakwas” country and how government is so corrupt. Discussion invariably turns towards usual mode, me asking question, "Why do not you do something for your country. Why do not you join communist party or any other party and really work for country. Why curse India sitting in USA?” I usually get upperhand with such statements. I always have felt, only cursing will not help. Are we doing enough ourselves? The other day he stunned me with the question, "How your democracy has helped you? What are you doing with your democracy?" I could not answer.

Really, I could not. Do I really use the democracy correctly and does that usage help me. What is the point in having false beliefs, I must get them ratified. My company also has democracy and all channels for conveying grievances. Do I use them properly and do they work? Most of the times, I do not use them and when I use, they do not help me. Channels, processes or you name anything are overridden by managers, powers. Be it any form of governance, what works is power. You have power; you have much better chances of bending the situation you want. Long live democracy!! :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Democracy is not at all the best system and the system in China is not the communism.
I think the best system for “growth and profite” is the system followed by many of the MNCs on the basis of competence the levels are created and good politictions and with leadership quality reach at the top.
China is following the same system, though human rights is a major issue there but freedom of speech, expression and efficient system like Capatilistic company will not go hand in hand.

Why you think that you are not using the democracy? You are free and you are enjoying your freedom right? That’s it that is the only aim of democracy I guess.
Measuring the government system on basis of “%GDP” growth is wrong.

-Hemant

10:01 AM  
Blogger HAREKRISHNAJI said...

nice article

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home